We are maintaining our Outperform recommendation on Celgene Corp. (CELG) following impressive preliminary results disclosed for the fourth quarter (adjusted EPS up 46%) and full year 2011 (adjusted EPS up 36%). Preliminary adjusted revenues in the final quarter of 2011 came in at .28 billion, 22% above the year-ago figure. For 2011, sales came in [...]
Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH) received the much awaited nod from the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for the proposed acquisition of Orchid Cellmark (ORCH). The FTC nod comes with the rider that LabCorp will have to hive off certain assets of Orchid’s US government paternity business following completion of the transaction. This would [...]
URS Corporation (URS) received an order from the Department of Defense to provide the US Army aviation maintenance services. The task order is for a period of two years and has been granted under URS’ Contract Field Teams’ (CFT) Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity contract. The maximum value of the contract for URS is 9 million. As [...]
Computer Sciences Corp. (CSC) recently renewed a 5-year information technology (IT) outsourcing contract with the Italy-based defense electronics company SELEX Galileo, valued at 0.0 million. Per the contract, Computer Sciences will extend its full range of IT services in support of SELEX Galileo’s IT eco-system. This contract is indicative of a long-standing relationship between the [...]
On Monday, American International Group Inc.’s (AIG) wholly owned subsidiary, International Lease Finance Corporation (ILFC), announced its agreement to raise .0 billion through an unsecured three-year revolving credit line. ILFC is an international market leader that deals in leasing and remarketing of advanced technology commercial jet aircraft to airlines around the world. ILFC owns a [...]
KLA-Tencor Corporation’s (KLAC) first quarter earnings beat the Zacks Consensus by 13 cents, or 15.1%. Revenue was also better than expected, beating by 5.0%. Investors did not react too strongly, considering the fact that after-market trading just pulled up prices by 0.76%. We expected the company to report a strong quarter and provide softer guidance [...]
Corporation bank is a good banking sector stock to buy for mid and long term. Let’s see why should we buy stocks of Corporation bank in our portfolio.Corporation Bank is an India-based banking company. The segments of the Bank include treasury operations, wholesale banking, retail banking and other banking operations. The services provided by the Bank include electronic remittances, Internet and
Click Link To Read Article >>
Waters Corp. (WAT) released its third quarter earnings before the market opened today, reporting earnings from continuing operation of 96 cents, slightly below the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 97 cents. Earnings in the quarter increased by 21.5% from 79 cents in the third quarter of 2009.
On the top line, WAT outperformed the Zacks Consensus Estimate [...]
Deckers Outdoor Corporation (DECK), the maker of a variety of footwear, recently delivered better-than-expected third-quarter 2010 results on the heels of strong demand for the product lines under the UGG and Teva brands, prompting management to lift its fiscal 2010 outlook.
The quarterly earnings of .07 per share outdid the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 93 cents, [...]
A corparation is a form of business where it is considered as a legal entity. It has a maximum life of 50 years and is renewable thereafter. For a corporation to be listed in Philippine stock exchange, it must satisfy the guidelines set forth by the Philippine Stock Exchange. Corprations are subject to 35%. For more info about taxation of corporation, please visit http://www.bir.gov.ph/.
The steps of registering a partnership are:
1. DTI-BTRCP Registration – It is necessary to register your business with the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and the Bureau of Trade Regulation and Consumer Protection (BTRCP) because you will gain the exclusive right to establish and use your business name. It also offers protection from those could take advantage of your name. These government agencies see to it that there is no duplication in the use of names.
2. SECURITIES and EXCHANGE COMMISSION (SEC) REGISTRATION – The SEC is the government agency that gives the business enterprise its legal personality.
3. Barangay Clearance – The Local Government Code requires all local businesses to register at the barangay level. This is easy to do and a minimal fee is required.
4. Registration with the Local Government – Permits and licenses required to ensure that standards are met and that businesses comply with the specific requirements of the business locale.
5. B.I.R. Registration – The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) will furnish your business with its own tax identification number and the authority to print receipts, invoices, etc.
6. SSS Registration – The Social Security System offers your employees many benefits. It also benefits you, as employer, in cases of employees’ disability or death.
7. DOLE Registration – Registering with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) is required for businesses with 5 or more workers.
8. PHILHEALTH – Securing membership in the government health care benefits system.
9. Manila Electric Co. (MERALCO) – Securing electric services connection for business in MERALCO franchise area; local electric utility firms for companies locating in non-MERALCO franchise area.
10. Maynilad Water Company and/or Manila Water Company for firms locating in Metro Manila and Local Water Utilities Administration (LWUA) for firms locating outside Metro Manila – Securing Water services.
12. Registration with other offices – You may be required to register with other agencies of government, depending on your type of business. Some examples are the Bureau of Food and Drug, Garment and Textile Board, Department of Tourism, Philippine National Police.